Players and Cards
- Joker – This is the first card dealt, also known as a trump, house, or middle card. This is the card your side needs to match to win.
- Andar – This means “inside” in Hindi. It is the first side to receive a (draw) card.
- Bahar – This means “outside” in Hindi. This is the second side to receive a (draw) card.
- Range – The number of cards drawn before the card that matches the joker card is dealt.
Side Bets in Andar Bahar
In addition to the main game, players can also place side bets on the outcome. One popular side bet is the number of cards dealt before the matching card appears. This can range from 1 to 10 cards. Players can also bet whether the matching card will be black or red.
Where the first card is dealt
The first card is always dealt on the Andar side of the table. The reason behind this is that traditionally, the first card is considered auspicious, and starting on the Andar side is believed to bring good luck.
Bet on the Range
Players can also bet on the range in which the matching card will appear. The range is divided into three categories: 1-5, 6-10, and J, Q, K, and A. The player wins the bet if the matching card falls within the selected range.
Players can also make a mid-game wager after revealing the Joker card. This bet is placed on the side that is currently winning. The odds of winning this bet are lower than the main bet, but it can add extra excitement to the game.
Andar Bahar Payouts and Probabities
- Andar payout = 0.9 to 1
- Andar winning probability = 51.50%
- Bahar winning payout = 1 to 1
- Bahar winning probability = 48.50%
One of the critical aspects of Andar Bahar Baba is understanding the payouts and probabilities associated with different bets. Here are some of the critical payout options:
- Andar (Inside): Betting on the card being dealt inside the box (between the two markers). This has a payout of 1:1.
- Bahar (Outside): Betting on the card being dealt outside the box (on either side of the two markers). This also has a payout of 1:1.
- Exact Bet: Betting on the number of cards to be dealt before the match card appears. This has a payout of 5:1.
- Side Bet: Betting whether the match card will be black or red. This has a payout of 4:1.
The probabilities associated with these bets vary. For Andar and Bahar bets, the probability is 50%. The probability ranges from 4.2% to 16.7% for Exact Bets, depending on the number of cards chosen. For Side Bets, the probability is 48.08%.
Andar Bahar Rules Variation
Second bet after seeing two cards
While the basic rules of Andar Bahar Baba remain consistent across different versions of the game, there are some variations in rules that players should be aware of. For example, in some game versions, the dealer may be allowed to peek at the top card before starting the game. Additionally, some versions may allow for variations in betting rules or payouts.
Andar Bahar Strategy Tips
Andar Bahar Strategy Tips
- Set a budget: It is essential to set a budget before starting the game and stick to it. This will help you avoid overspending and losing more than you can afford.
- Bet on the same spot: One popular strategy is to bet on the same spot (Andar or Bahar) throughout the game. This can increase your chances of winning if the game has a pattern.
- Watch the cards: It is essential to watch the cards being dealt with and observe any patterns. This can help you make more informed bets.
- Use the Martingale system: The Martingale system involves doubling your bet after every loss. This can be risky but can also help you recover your losses quickly.
- Don’t chase losses: If you are on a losing streak, don’t try to win back your losses by increasing your bets. This will only lead to more losses.
Get the Lowest House Edge by Betting on Andar
While betting on both sides, Andar and Bahar, may seem like a good strategy, it’s better to stick with one side. Betting on Andar has been shown to have a lower house edge than betting on Bahar.
This is because the first card is always dealt on the Andar side, which gives players a slight advantage. Additionally, the odds of the game favor the Andar side slightly, making it the better betting choice.
Stick With the Better Bonus Bets
Andar Bahar offers a range of bonus bets that can be placed alongside the main bet. These bets offer higher payouts but are riskier to make. Choosing the bonus bets that offer the best value and are most likely to pay out is essential.
One of the most popular Andar Bahar bonus bets is the Joker bonus, which pays out if the drawn card is a Joker. This bet has a high payout but a low probability of success, so it should only be made if the odds are favorable.
Another bonus bet to consider is the Triple bonus, which pays out if the drawn card is a triple (i.e., three cards of the same value). This bet is more likely to succeed than the Joker bonus and offers a good payout.
Bonuses in the game Andar Bahar
How the symbols play
Many people assume Andar Bahar and Katti are the same game. That’s not quite true.
You now know that Andar Bahar plays with a single Joker combined with Andar and Bahar draw cards.
Katti is a little different. Here are the main differences between Katti and Andar Bahar.
You’ll still make the same bets as Andar Bahar – on Andar or Bahar.
- In Katti, players pick a Joker from 13 cards on the table.
- There is an indicator card, which tells you which side (Andar or Bahar) will receive the first draw card.
Also read all about the game Andar Bahar game.
How to Play Katti
Katti is another Indian card game that is often played alongside Andar Bahar. The game is simple to understand and can be played with two or more players. The game’s objective is to have the highest card in hand to win the game.
To play Katti, you will need a standard deck of 52 cards. The game starts with the dealer shuffling the cards and dealing three cards to each player, with one card face up and the other two face down. The player with the highest card face up gets the first turn. Players can pick up the top card from the deck or take the next face-down card from the dealer’s pile. After picking up a card, players can discard one face-down card and place it on the discard pile. The game continues with players taking turns to pick up cards, and the winner is the player with the highest card at the end of the game.
Slots providers who offer Andar Bahar
Trustworthy online casinos only cooperate with proven, licensed software developers. Let us consider six well-known software developers that have included Andar Bahar in their portfolio.
- Playtech, a heavyweight in the industry, presents an intuitive and immersive version of Andar Bahar. Their software delivers superior graphics and sound effects, providing players with an engaging, almost real-life gaming experience.
- Ezugi is known for its innovative live dealer games, and their take on Andar Bahar is no different. The game, streamed from their cutting-edge studios, creates a real-time gaming environment complete with professional dealers. Ezugi’s Andar Bahar maintains the sociable ambience of a traditional casino through features like live chat.
- Pragmatic Play, famous for its mobile-friendly games, has tailored Andar Bahar to cater to gamers on the go. Their software is optimized for mobile devices without sacrificing graphics or functionality. Added bonus features enhance gameplay and increase chances of winning.
- Super Spade Games, a niche developer specializing in Indian card games, offers an authentic rendition of Andar Bahar. Their version emphasizes traditional rules and gameplay, appealing to players seeking an original Andar Bahar experience.
- Evolution Gaming, the leader in the live casino sector, provides a high-quality live version of Andar Bahar. Their professional dealers, high-definition streams, and user-friendly interface make their Andar Bahar offering stand out.
- Microgaming, a pioneer in the online casino software industry, also includes Andar Bahar in its catalogue. Their version is characterized by stunning visuals, smooth gameplay, and fair RNG algorithms that ensure transparency and trustworthiness.
In summary, each of these software developers offers a unique approach to Andar Bahar, demonstrating the versatility and widespread appeal of this classic Indian card game.